Lengyel Toulouse Architects

Cologne Cathedral Choir around 1856

Kdc 01
Blick auf die Chortrennwand aus dem 14. Jahrhundert
Kdc 02
Kdc 03

Visualisation of the interior of the choir of Cologne Cathedral around 1856, film 11:02 minutes, exhibited November 2013 to January 2014 in the exhibition on the occasion of the 150th anniversary of the Cologne Cathedral Choir in the conference centre of the Archdiocese of Cologne

„When the medieval separating wall in the cathedral finally fell on 12 September 1863, the interior of the cathedral presented itself in its entirety for the first time. In the centuries before, this monumental wall had closed off the cathedral choir, which was consecrated in 1322, to the west and thus also considerably determined its spatial impression. In addition, the furnishings of the choir with its altars, chairs, murals, tombs and the large organ were subject to constant change in accordance with the stylistic preferences of the time.“ (see publication)

Link to the publication

Kdc 04